Sunday, May 14, 2023

Mid-May Garden Update

 It's getting closer to the time that I plant out my tomatoes. I'll admit that I wasn't sure how they would survive when I took them out of the nursery trays and put them into the plastic cups. They've really exceeded my expectations and I have to thank Bob for taking such good care of them.
If you didn't know, I was put on oxygen this past week. It's a tough pill to swallow but, considering how I've been since that mattress came into the house, it's not all that surprising. I can now walk without running out of breath. I can also run, too, while carrying a 10 pound portable oxygen tank, as evident when I saw a big snake in front of my peas this morning. I'm not sure I can ever go out there again, now.

Anyhow, I'll take you all on a walk through, thanks to Bob and his photography skills. Thank you for manning the camera, Bob.



Our grapes are coming right along. It's hard to think back to about 14 months ago when I received these twigs in the mail. Bob dipped them into rooting hormone and now we have 5 Concord grape vines and an unnamed green table grape. We just need to figure out where we want our grape arbor to be.



Right out there, in the gravel, is where that snake was. Just YECH!



My lettuce is growing just fine. I have 2 varieties in there.


These are our mother plants. They are Guava Z.


My new plants for this year are Tennessee Red Peanuts. They have sprouted!


I have various cucurbits and herbs sprouting in one of the greenhouses.


You can definitely tell the pumpkins. They are the big plants and I only put three in a cup. I'll separate them out when they go out into the beds in the yard.


I am also starting cucurbits for a friend. She's getting several of these.


The smaller ones are hybrid cucumbers. I grow these because I can keep them in the greenhouse and they are self pollinating.


I'm growing several different types of squash this year.


These are cucumbers.





These tomatoes are looking great!












These are the peppers and eggplants. These are in the other greenhouse with the peanuts and the mother plants.

Thanks for taking the tour!

1 comment:

I love hearing from you so make sure to leave me a comment!