Friday, June 2, 2023

Planting Peppers

 It is that time of year again.

I love it when it is time to pot everything up into its permanent home. I love everything about the process. I especially love when I'm able to grow something from seed that got wiped out last year. This year, I'll be growing my peppers inside of the greenhouse. The deer will have to get a meal somewhere else. There's 50 acres here. I think they can survive without my pepper plants.

First, my new thing to grow this year are peanuts. I don't know if this will work or not, but I'm certainly going to try.

They seem to be doing okay.



I've never grown peanuts, so if you have, let me know in the comments how they look.

Now, let's look at the tomatoes. They will start going out next week.




I have been selling these and giving them away. I have room for 60-80 tops. I had 274. Maybe those deer will get a snack after all.

The ones on the white tray are the ones that I'm growing out on the trellises.



I've put them into 3 gallon pots. These are their permanent homes.


That is a healthy root ball if I've ever seen one!


I have quite the assortment of peppers. I do not have any super hots. We're just not into them. I may pick up seeds for some for next year, though. It seems that they would sell pretty good. I don't have to eat them. I can grow them for other people.


They are all in their permanent home now. We'll spread them out once we find all the other peppers homes and I get the eggplants potted up. I may plant out some more, too. I just don't know yet.


Bob helped me out by watering them all in.


Now they can simply adjust to their new space and do what they do best...grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so make sure to leave me a comment!