Sunday, February 5, 2023

More Pantry/Freezer Stock Up

 I did a bit more stocking up because I didn't use all of my $100 weekly budget yesterday at Safeway. I decided to order grocery pickup from Fred Meyer last night. I get loyalty reward coupons from Fred Meyer each month and I really try to utilize them to get the most for my money. I knew that I only had a $20 budget to work with.




Bob and I enjoy having a couple of hot dogs for lunch and Fred Meyer had the Bar S brand 10 for $10. I bought 5 packs. They freeze well and we can simply pull out a pack and that should last us a week. If we get ambitious, we can get our tripod cooking grate and put it out over the fire pit and cook them on there. I don't care how old I get, I still love to have a couple of hot dogs with mustard.
I stocked up on a bottle of chocolate syrup for Bob. He's a chocoholic. He loves chocolate. I have a hard time eating chocolate as it gives me horrid acid reflux, even after taking a antacid. I tend to avoid it.
I bought the mandarin oranges for me. Those are my chocolate.





One of my loyalty coupons was for a free jar of Kraft mayonnaise. I like the stuff made with olive oil. The puddings are for Bob. The chocolate chips are to make chocolate chip cookies with and I actually got 3 green peppers, not 1. I'm going to slice them up and freeze them.




I wanted the red potatoes to make a specific recipe with and I held onto the salsa coupon from last month.






So I was still able to bring this small grocery haul in under my $20 budget and we have several more meals in the freezer for our no spend challenge.

Let me know in the comments if you like seeing these types of posts. If you do, I'll continue to post them.

2 comments:

  1. Conda here - went to Grocery Outlet yesterday with my niece to push my chair and I push the cart. Got Betty Crocker no bake cookie mix 2/1.00! I got the big long slim jim beef sticks, 2/1.00, they are now 1.98 each, everywhere else, and NO they were not expired, not even close! I got a big box of the slim jim and cheese stick snacks...individually they go for 2.19 or more elsewhere. I bought the whole box of 24 for 1.99! I find huge discounts on vitamins and my other supplements there too, and the earliest expiration date was 2025. Problem is, you have to shop in person and for me, I can only get there when I have someone to push me in my chair. BUT, I'm loving this as I have to super watch every penny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, I love, love, love that you do this and share it with us. You are my inspiration and that means a lot to me! Conda

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so make sure to leave me a comment!